Westie - A day in the life of a West Highland Terrier dog

This is an informational record of our life with West Highland Terrier dogs. We also hope to share what we learn or tips while training our Westie.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Teaching Leave It

Zachary is very comfortable with the command Take It, so Leave IT is our next step. I started teaching this and Zach is catching on fast. I am placing a treat on the floor and if Zach turns his head away or ignores the treat he receives a click and the I give the Take It command so he may eat the treat he ignored. If he tries to take the treat, I cover it with my foot.
For more info:
Getting Started Clicker Training for Dogs Kit">Getting Started Clicker Training for Dogs Kit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

West Highland White Terrier - Westie WebRing
Join a Next Day Pets Webring
Next  -  Join this WebRing
Dogs - Pets - Dog Breeds - Dog Breeders - Puppies - Pet Supplies

Web Counter