Westie - A day in the life of a West Highland Terrier dog

This is an informational record of our life with West Highland Terrier dogs. We also hope to share what we learn or tips while training our Westie.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

House Alarm sounded

I knew it was only a matter of time that one day I would set off the house alarm with Zachary inside. Instant on is the way I set the house alarm the way I always do when we sleep. That means if any door or window is broken the alarm go off the out any warning delay time. Well when Zach and I stumbled out of bed and he had to go potty real bad, I forgot to turn off the house alarm. Yes you guessed it the alarm went off. I tried to cancel but no luck, even after 3 tries. So I grabbed the phone and we went outside to wait for the alarm company to call us. After about 2 minutes I called them to cancel the alarm so I would not have police showing up to make matters worse. After I had them cancel the police I asked them if they could remotely turn off my alarm. They trasnfered me to their tech help. After getting hung up on several times, I went back inside since alarm went off. Bad mistake, alarm had re-armed an sounded again. Back to the phone outside to call the techs again. Finally I got some semi useful info and headed back inside. After much screwing around with system I was able to silence the alarm.
Poor Zachary's ears hurt I know, but he never barked. I think he was scared to death and just stayed close.

"Happiness is being loved by a one year old Westie puppy"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

West Highland White Terrier - Westie WebRing
Join a Next Day Pets Webring
Next  -  Join this WebRing
Dogs - Pets - Dog Breeds - Dog Breeders - Puppies - Pet Supplies

Web Counter