Westie - A day in the life of a West Highland Terrier dog

This is an informational record of our life with West Highland Terrier dogs. We also hope to share what we learn or tips while training our Westie.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

Teaching High Five

Since Zach is sitting without a problem, adding an almost puppy move on cue seemed natural. For the High Five trick I first give the sit hand signal. When Zach sits I say high five and place an open palm at his chest level with fingers pointed upward. He then will only get a Click if he touches my palm with one paw. I will ignore a double paw touch. I have shaped this behavior using Clicker training.
I am still doing combo training for:
Sit for a count of 4
Down
Roll over

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

West Highland White Terrier - Westie WebRing
Join a Next Day Pets Webring
Next  -  Join this WebRing
Dogs - Pets - Dog Breeds - Dog Breeders - Puppies - Pet Supplies

Web Counter